one little problem
my child doesn't sleep. the bedtime battle often finds me asleep and my husband frustrated and tired of the toddler ups and downs.
it starts out with the usual routine (just like all the recommendations I have read) . we take a bath every other night, then we get into jammies, brush our teeth, read a book, get a cup of water, say our prayers and tell lil one that we will see her in the morning.
then it begins...
she comes out of her room and says 'there is just one little problem'. these problems range from water is old, monsters in her room, she has to go potty, she needs a blanket, she needs to be tucked in, needs a hug, needs one last kiss, heard a noise, and the list can go on and on...
I recently read another post by MckMama about the same thing: 'Can I get a little help here?' We don't seem to be the only parent in this boat. So, I guess that offers some relief.
I hear picture schedules have worked. I will have to add that to my to do list.
it starts out with the usual routine (just like all the recommendations I have read) . we take a bath every other night, then we get into jammies, brush our teeth, read a book, get a cup of water, say our prayers and tell lil one that we will see her in the morning.
then it begins...
she comes out of her room and says 'there is just one little problem'. these problems range from water is old, monsters in her room, she has to go potty, she needs a blanket, she needs to be tucked in, needs a hug, needs one last kiss, heard a noise, and the list can go on and on...
I recently read another post by MckMama about the same thing: 'Can I get a little help here?' We don't seem to be the only parent in this boat. So, I guess that offers some relief.
I hear picture schedules have worked. I will have to add that to my to do list.


Comments
Let me know what tricks you find that work, I think most of us are in this boat!