the 3 and a halfs
lately I have wanted to post on craigslist... free, 3 year old, you haul. there are times when things are great and she says please and thank you. loves to help and give/get hugs and kisses.
but, then there are the other 23 hours of the day.
we are trying to teach consequences. if she makes a choice there are consequences. We ask her if she wants to take a bath or shower before bedtime. Her choice? "Neither"
The consequence is that she is to get jammies on and go straight to bed. which usually ends up in hysterical screaming and crying.
Another choice is going to the store with Daddy or staying home with Mommy. Her choice - stay home with Mommy. Which means 5 minutes later, she still doesn't get to go to the store. which usually ends up in hysterical screaming and crying that she didn't get to go to the store.
I know I thought 18 months was rough with the diaper rodeo. But, now it is the talking back and saying no. wow, parenting is fun.
but, then there are the other 23 hours of the day.
we are trying to teach consequences. if she makes a choice there are consequences. We ask her if she wants to take a bath or shower before bedtime. Her choice? "Neither"
The consequence is that she is to get jammies on and go straight to bed. which usually ends up in hysterical screaming and crying.
Another choice is going to the store with Daddy or staying home with Mommy. Her choice - stay home with Mommy. Which means 5 minutes later, she still doesn't get to go to the store. which usually ends up in hysterical screaming and crying that she didn't get to go to the store.
I know I thought 18 months was rough with the diaper rodeo. But, now it is the talking back and saying no. wow, parenting is fun.


Comments