Day Care:
So I just have to rant a little about the cost of day care. It's unbelievable how much it costs to care for a child. No wonder people decide to stay home instead of return to work. I just had a quote for $350 per week for day care next to my office. (That's 18200 per year!!) While it would be nice to have you so close to me while at work so I could nurse you on breaks and pick you up right after work, the cost just doesn't add up for me. One paycheck for two weeks of work would barely cover day care and our mortgage payment. There would be no upgrading to a 'real' house anytime soon. I really don't know what I am going to do. My mom said she would retire and help take care of you for a couple of months, but I don't know if she is serious. I will pay her, but it would be more like 500-600 per month. I guess I will have to continue the search for day care at a more affordable rate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some family help too.
So I just have to rant a little about the cost of day care. It's unbelievable how much it costs to care for a child. No wonder people decide to stay home instead of return to work. I just had a quote for $350 per week for day care next to my office. (That's 18200 per year!!) While it would be nice to have you so close to me while at work so I could nurse you on breaks and pick you up right after work, the cost just doesn't add up for me. One paycheck for two weeks of work would barely cover day care and our mortgage payment. There would be no upgrading to a 'real' house anytime soon. I really don't know what I am going to do. My mom said she would retire and help take care of you for a couple of months, but I don't know if she is serious. I will pay her, but it would be more like 500-600 per month. I guess I will have to continue the search for day care at a more affordable rate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some family help too.
Comments