The blue lip scare and formula.
The past couple weeks have been rather frightening and eventful. So, on Wednesday the 18th, your day care provider said you had eaten ALL of the milk I pumped and all the extra that was in the freezer.
My issues:
1 - How much is she feeding you?!
2 - How come she waited until now to tell me she was almost out?!
3 - What do I do now?!
So we decided to buy some formula which really upset me. This is the last thing I ever wanted to do. I know plenty of babies do fine on formula but I know that my breast milk is best.
We bought some formula and mixed a 50/50 bottle of formula and breast milk. We sent it off with you to day care the next day. After the bottle you ended up with blue lips... day care said you looked like you had been eating blueberries. So Daddy and I took off of work and we went to the doctor. (side note: I tried the formula and it tastes disgusting! breast milk is so sweet)
Apparently it is nothing systemic... thank goodness! huge sigh of relief for me. It could be allergic reaction or staining. Daddy and I thought it was staining from the marker on the bottle, so we waited over the weekend and tried again on Monday. I told day care to try it as last possible feeding in case I needed to leave work... but she chose to use it as your second feeding. (another annoying thing about this day care!)
And yet again you got blue lip! (Day care didn't call me about it again!) I only noticed when I got home and read the 'feeding' sheet from day care. So, mommy is annoyed with day care and the doctor has no idea what is causing the blue lip. So now I am pumping up to 5 times a day. You are on a strict 4 oz per feeding schedule while supplementing with solid foods - no more formula!
We are hoping this food schedule will help us avoid formula. I can pump up to 16 oz per day, but you seem to eat almost 20 at day care. I'm hoping to keep you a booby baby until you are 12 months old and we can switch to regular milk or soy milk. C'mon boobies we can do it!
The past couple weeks have been rather frightening and eventful. So, on Wednesday the 18th, your day care provider said you had eaten ALL of the milk I pumped and all the extra that was in the freezer.
My issues:
1 - How much is she feeding you?!
2 - How come she waited until now to tell me she was almost out?!
3 - What do I do now?!
So we decided to buy some formula which really upset me. This is the last thing I ever wanted to do. I know plenty of babies do fine on formula but I know that my breast milk is best.
We bought some formula and mixed a 50/50 bottle of formula and breast milk. We sent it off with you to day care the next day. After the bottle you ended up with blue lips... day care said you looked like you had been eating blueberries. So Daddy and I took off of work and we went to the doctor. (side note: I tried the formula and it tastes disgusting! breast milk is so sweet)
Apparently it is nothing systemic... thank goodness! huge sigh of relief for me. It could be allergic reaction or staining. Daddy and I thought it was staining from the marker on the bottle, so we waited over the weekend and tried again on Monday. I told day care to try it as last possible feeding in case I needed to leave work... but she chose to use it as your second feeding. (another annoying thing about this day care!)
And yet again you got blue lip! (Day care didn't call me about it again!) I only noticed when I got home and read the 'feeding' sheet from day care. So, mommy is annoyed with day care and the doctor has no idea what is causing the blue lip. So now I am pumping up to 5 times a day. You are on a strict 4 oz per feeding schedule while supplementing with solid foods - no more formula!
We are hoping this food schedule will help us avoid formula. I can pump up to 16 oz per day, but you seem to eat almost 20 at day care. I'm hoping to keep you a booby baby until you are 12 months old and we can switch to regular milk or soy milk. C'mon boobies we can do it!
Comments