Shanghai (Beginning of trip)
I have the same resolution as last year. Try not to succumb to only posting on social media.
So I wanted to capture at least some memories and thoughts about Shanghai.
Before we left...
I had a large packing list of things including a medicine kit for the airplane (old mint tin) and a stash of cold and other medicines for kids in the suitcase. I shopped for travel items, snacks, clothes, etc. I had a mini nervous breakdown at itty bitty's school party because it was the last event before we had to leave. It became 'real'.
One thing I was excited about... taking Travel Mode! We have lots of pictures and loved to take pictures with him.
Getting there:
Flight - long and uncomfortable. 13 hours to fly in economy - no business class for us, another hour to the hotel and finally, we made it!
Hotel:
Fancy and I am way under dressed. I should have packed more clothes for me.
Day 1:
The other wives that are visiting have plans to go to the Aquarium. Victoria is one of the wives and I sorta know her, so at least I will have some help. We decide to walk to the Shanghai Aquarium... which I would have to say was a mistake. In all we walked 8 miles. At 'dinner' at TGIFriday's in Shanghai. This is how the kids looked.
And we still had to walk back to the hotel after this.
Day 2:
After some much needed rest we decided to go to Yuyuan Garden and rode the subway. It was about 3 yuan one way and for the three of us it was about $1.40. This was the way to get around!!
We didn't go into the actual Yu Garden thing but wandered around and did some shopping. Lil One wanted postcards to take home. Itty Bitty was being stared at because she is wearing a skort, long sleeves, vest (no coat because she didn't pack one) and a hat. It is probably about 35-40 degrees out, windy and cold! Men are accosting me and saying she needs long pants in stilted english or saying 'cold'! One person tried to warm up Itty Bitty's legs by grabbing them and rubbing them. This didn't help her feel any better just that some stranger was touching her.
So I wanted to capture at least some memories and thoughts about Shanghai.
Before we left...
I had a large packing list of things including a medicine kit for the airplane (old mint tin) and a stash of cold and other medicines for kids in the suitcase. I shopped for travel items, snacks, clothes, etc. I had a mini nervous breakdown at itty bitty's school party because it was the last event before we had to leave. It became 'real'.
One thing I was excited about... taking Travel Mode! We have lots of pictures and loved to take pictures with him.
Getting there:
Flight - long and uncomfortable. 13 hours to fly in economy - no business class for us, another hour to the hotel and finally, we made it!
Hotel:
Fancy and I am way under dressed. I should have packed more clothes for me.
Day 1:
The other wives that are visiting have plans to go to the Aquarium. Victoria is one of the wives and I sorta know her, so at least I will have some help. We decide to walk to the Shanghai Aquarium... which I would have to say was a mistake. In all we walked 8 miles. At 'dinner' at TGIFriday's in Shanghai. This is how the kids looked.
And we still had to walk back to the hotel after this.
Day 2:
After some much needed rest we decided to go to Yuyuan Garden and rode the subway. It was about 3 yuan one way and for the three of us it was about $1.40. This was the way to get around!!
We didn't go into the actual Yu Garden thing but wandered around and did some shopping. Lil One wanted postcards to take home. Itty Bitty was being stared at because she is wearing a skort, long sleeves, vest (no coat because she didn't pack one) and a hat. It is probably about 35-40 degrees out, windy and cold! Men are accosting me and saying she needs long pants in stilted english or saying 'cold'! One person tried to warm up Itty Bitty's legs by grabbing them and rubbing them. This didn't help her feel any better just that some stranger was touching her.



Comments