Shanghai part 2
Warnings, Thanksgiving and a chocolate fountain.
There was a placard or a little notice in the lobby of the hotel that says to not follow any one into a tea house or ceremony, people of the night, and something else. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. There are a couple of travel warnings you can read online about fake tea ceremonies, etc. I knew to watch out for it but didn't really think much about it.
I went out on my own with the girls to explore. I think the other AOG wives were off to somewhere and we didn't want to go. We check out the subway and where to buy tickets, we are walking around and this young woman asks me to take her picture. Which lets my guard down a little and she starts talking to me... which brings my guard back up. Then she starts talking about a special time in Shanghai and that they are going to a tea ceremony. Warning bells went off in my head. I say no thank you, grab the girls and we start to walk away. Then the guy in the group pipes up and says oh, it's really close come with us. Alarm, alarm, alarm! I firmly say no and walk briskly away. The girls were like, but they seemed so nice. I said they were not nice and not to trust them.
Thanksgiving... we were jet lagged but we got to spend part of the day with the Dad and had dinner with the rest of the team. It was a buffet dinner and the girls were so tired they wanted none of it. We gave itty bitty a couple of pieces of turkey and she ate it but it took some coaxing. Lil One ate a little but not much. Then we said they could get dessert. That's when they discovered the chocolate fountain. They perked right up with some sugar and loved the chocolate fountain. I think it is the one thing they talk about the most. They had marshmallows, cookies and some fruit to dip in the chocolate fountain. The marshmallows were the biggest hit and they may have had about 20! :)
Day after Thanksgiving...
We went wandering around with our friend, Victoria. I had read about Happy Lemon chain and wanted to give it a try. I found it and got the girls a hot chocolate pudding... which had pudding pearls in it. Lil One did not like that but Itty Bitty drank it. I loved my green tea lemonade. So delicious!
That night they had a Christmas tree lighting ceremony at the hotel and Santa and some snacks. It was fun and the girls enjoyed the staff at the hotel doing a dance. A little Christmas spirit in Shanghai.
There was a placard or a little notice in the lobby of the hotel that says to not follow any one into a tea house or ceremony, people of the night, and something else. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. There are a couple of travel warnings you can read online about fake tea ceremonies, etc. I knew to watch out for it but didn't really think much about it.
I went out on my own with the girls to explore. I think the other AOG wives were off to somewhere and we didn't want to go. We check out the subway and where to buy tickets, we are walking around and this young woman asks me to take her picture. Which lets my guard down a little and she starts talking to me... which brings my guard back up. Then she starts talking about a special time in Shanghai and that they are going to a tea ceremony. Warning bells went off in my head. I say no thank you, grab the girls and we start to walk away. Then the guy in the group pipes up and says oh, it's really close come with us. Alarm, alarm, alarm! I firmly say no and walk briskly away. The girls were like, but they seemed so nice. I said they were not nice and not to trust them.
Thanksgiving... we were jet lagged but we got to spend part of the day with the Dad and had dinner with the rest of the team. It was a buffet dinner and the girls were so tired they wanted none of it. We gave itty bitty a couple of pieces of turkey and she ate it but it took some coaxing. Lil One ate a little but not much. Then we said they could get dessert. That's when they discovered the chocolate fountain. They perked right up with some sugar and loved the chocolate fountain. I think it is the one thing they talk about the most. They had marshmallows, cookies and some fruit to dip in the chocolate fountain. The marshmallows were the biggest hit and they may have had about 20! :)
Day after Thanksgiving...
We went wandering around with our friend, Victoria. I had read about Happy Lemon chain and wanted to give it a try. I found it and got the girls a hot chocolate pudding... which had pudding pearls in it. Lil One did not like that but Itty Bitty drank it. I loved my green tea lemonade. So delicious!
That night they had a Christmas tree lighting ceremony at the hotel and Santa and some snacks. It was fun and the girls enjoyed the staff at the hotel doing a dance. A little Christmas spirit in Shanghai.



Comments