No power, crying over thawed milk
I think I need a vacation...
Starting from Thursday 12.14 we had a severe windstorm in the Seattle area. Power was knocked out to over 1 million people in the Northwest. As of today, 12.19.06, there are still several thousand without power. Lucky for us we got power back on Sunday 12.17.
Our story:
I was at work on 12.14 and left around 4 p.m. to pick you up. I was on 132nd street in Kirkland and the traffic was at a dead stop. People were turning around and I finally got up behind a bus that had its flashers on. I thought the bus broke down, but as I started to go around the bus I noticed the very large tree that was down across the road. The car in front of me went underneath the tree so I decided I was so close to your day care that I would go underneath as well. It may not have been the best decision but I made it unscathed. I got to you about 5 minutes later and day care was out of power. You were happy as could be, but Amanda did not like it at all! It was now after 5 p.m. and I was supposed to be home by 6 p.m. to do a build to production for work.
We left day care and slowly began the trek home. We got about .5 mile from home on the back roads and the rain came down so hard it flooded one of our streets and we had to turn around. We turned around and went back to the freeway. It took us another hour to get home. I got home at just after 6 p.m.
At around 9 o'clock I fell asleep on the couch and at around 9:30 we lost power. Daddy woke me up and we got candles in order and went to bed. The next morning almost 1 million people were without power. Daddy went to work and you and I went up to cousin Erik's house. They had power and I was able to do some work. My most pressing goal was to keep you warm and have a place to keep your food safe.
Day care lost all of my frozen breast milk. And while it wasn't that much, it is still sad to lose even a couple ounces. As most people call it, breast milk is liquid gold. I hope I can pump enough to keep up with you and we don't have to use formula.
Starting from Thursday 12.14 we had a severe windstorm in the Seattle area. Power was knocked out to over 1 million people in the Northwest. As of today, 12.19.06, there are still several thousand without power. Lucky for us we got power back on Sunday 12.17.
Our story:
I was at work on 12.14 and left around 4 p.m. to pick you up. I was on 132nd street in Kirkland and the traffic was at a dead stop. People were turning around and I finally got up behind a bus that had its flashers on. I thought the bus broke down, but as I started to go around the bus I noticed the very large tree that was down across the road. The car in front of me went underneath the tree so I decided I was so close to your day care that I would go underneath as well. It may not have been the best decision but I made it unscathed. I got to you about 5 minutes later and day care was out of power. You were happy as could be, but Amanda did not like it at all! It was now after 5 p.m. and I was supposed to be home by 6 p.m. to do a build to production for work.
We left day care and slowly began the trek home. We got about .5 mile from home on the back roads and the rain came down so hard it flooded one of our streets and we had to turn around. We turned around and went back to the freeway. It took us another hour to get home. I got home at just after 6 p.m.
At around 9 o'clock I fell asleep on the couch and at around 9:30 we lost power. Daddy woke me up and we got candles in order and went to bed. The next morning almost 1 million people were without power. Daddy went to work and you and I went up to cousin Erik's house. They had power and I was able to do some work. My most pressing goal was to keep you warm and have a place to keep your food safe.
Day care lost all of my frozen breast milk. And while it wasn't that much, it is still sad to lose even a couple ounces. As most people call it, breast milk is liquid gold. I hope I can pump enough to keep up with you and we don't have to use formula.


Comments