Santa

I had promised myself that I would be a good parent this year and do the traditional holiday 'rights of passage' events - like getting Santa photos.

So when an opportunity came up through work for a private (employee only) photo's with Santa event, I thought Hey! that would be perfect. It was a Friday after work... what could be better? Only a couple drawbacks - it was after your bedtime and "downtown". Daddy would have to drive with you after he picked you up from day care. We agreed this was manageable and set the date.

What actually happened...
Daddy picked you up and spent 2.5 hours in traffic to meet me downtown. Dinner was late. You had soaked through your diaper and pants in the car ride with no spare clothes in the diaper bag. We made it to the Santa photo event around 8 p.m. (an hour past your bed time) While a relatively short line, it still took around 45 minutes to get to our turn. Once you realized that you were going to have to go up to Santa you turned hesitant. Then I picked you up and you clung to me like a little tree monkey. When I tried to hand you to Santa's lap we had a screaming, very unhappy toddler. Daddy and I agreed with the tearful photo and away we went.

We now have the ubiquitous screaming toddler on Santa's lap photo. I am sure I will embarrass you with it for years to come.

Comments

Popular Posts