momentary clarity

I'm not saying this is a working mom's issue. It's all parent's issue that is just magnified by being away from the house and child for an extended period of time.

When I get home from work after a long bus ride or drive, I would like to change my clothes and get 'stuff' done. The husband is usually at work in the kitchen and is trying to get the dinner ready. (I am super lucky that this one likes to cook!) I want to get the bills out of the mail so that I can pay them, pick up the clothes off the floor or throw a load in the wash, and sometimes I would like to actually get some exercise in. It is hard sometimes to find the patience or the mental capacity to entertain and engage a 15 month-old toddler. She is wonderful and I love her with all my heart, but just being fully engaged after a full day of work is very taxing.

I hate that my time is limited with her and sometimes I don't just stop to give her all my attention. Sometimes I get distracted with what I feel I 'need' to do. But, then she makes me stop and I have to give her my full undivided attention. She gives me the clarity to stop and be in the moment to enjoy your time and don't get caught up. I struggle with it every day. Hopefully on a day to day basis I will try to enjoy momentary clarity with her.

Comments

Popular Posts