Disneyland!
Disneyland was awesome. It was a surprise for the girls. It was a first trip ever for my Mom and for the girls. It was a first time for the hubs and I to go to California Adventure. We all loved it. We have been home for about two weeks and I can honestly say I would do it again. I am not suffering from vacation remorse... where I worry about the money we spent and how to pay off the credit card debt. (we are already building a fence and bought a new car this month... so money is just flying out of our bank account)
Good stuff... Our hotel had a mini-kitchen and a pool. The bus, Anaheim Resort Transit, stop was right outside our hotel door. Which made getting back and forth to the park and hotel much easier. I bought the bus pass two days before we arrived and had them delivered to our hotel. It was super easy and inexpensive transportation. And we ended up swimming/resting and eating at the hotel and buying snacks/treats at Disneyland.
We went 3 day park hopper. Thursday was great and less crowded. Friday we rented the stroller and definitely used it. We rented the stroller on Saturday and by then all of us were tired and the park was way too crowded. I would say we probably could have gotten away with the one park per day. But on the last day we did want to hit both parks... get the things we wanted to do again. And I would do the stroller again... skip the stroller on the first day.
We had water bottles and refilled at the hotel. It was so hot that we went through a ton of water. We ended up using a camelbak bladder and put it in a backpack and it stayed cool most of the day. I would do that again!! It was around $4-5 for a bottle of water at Disneyland so I would say we probably saved over $100.
The bummer stuff... we had a fastpass for Racers and the ride shut down just as we got there. I can see why the wait gets so long. We all thought it was a blast!! I didn't get to the beignets at Cafe Orleans or at the Jazz Kitchen (downtown Disney) which were one thing I wanted to indulge in. But, I guess I will have to get back. We didn't get a picture of all of us in front of any of the main attractions either which I don't think all of us will ever be back again together. The fireworks and the people getting back to the hotel... holy mother was this a pita. We were standing in line for one of the ART buses and people basically shoved in front of me and my children. Don't wait until the fireworks are done. Leave early and see the fireworks from your hotel or some other location. Or walk home.
Itty Bitty is already is asking to go back to Disneyland. But, Lil One says she had so much fun with her cousins that she would rather spend time with her family than go to Disneyland. I'll take it!
Good stuff... Our hotel had a mini-kitchen and a pool. The bus, Anaheim Resort Transit, stop was right outside our hotel door. Which made getting back and forth to the park and hotel much easier. I bought the bus pass two days before we arrived and had them delivered to our hotel. It was super easy and inexpensive transportation. And we ended up swimming/resting and eating at the hotel and buying snacks/treats at Disneyland.
We went 3 day park hopper. Thursday was great and less crowded. Friday we rented the stroller and definitely used it. We rented the stroller on Saturday and by then all of us were tired and the park was way too crowded. I would say we probably could have gotten away with the one park per day. But on the last day we did want to hit both parks... get the things we wanted to do again. And I would do the stroller again... skip the stroller on the first day.
We had water bottles and refilled at the hotel. It was so hot that we went through a ton of water. We ended up using a camelbak bladder and put it in a backpack and it stayed cool most of the day. I would do that again!! It was around $4-5 for a bottle of water at Disneyland so I would say we probably saved over $100.
The bummer stuff... we had a fastpass for Racers and the ride shut down just as we got there. I can see why the wait gets so long. We all thought it was a blast!! I didn't get to the beignets at Cafe Orleans or at the Jazz Kitchen (downtown Disney) which were one thing I wanted to indulge in. But, I guess I will have to get back. We didn't get a picture of all of us in front of any of the main attractions either which I don't think all of us will ever be back again together. The fireworks and the people getting back to the hotel... holy mother was this a pita. We were standing in line for one of the ART buses and people basically shoved in front of me and my children. Don't wait until the fireworks are done. Leave early and see the fireworks from your hotel or some other location. Or walk home.
Itty Bitty is already is asking to go back to Disneyland. But, Lil One says she had so much fun with her cousins that she would rather spend time with her family than go to Disneyland. I'll take it!



Comments