I had my first really weird birth/breastfeeding dream last night. And I want to post it before I forget. Ryan already says I have a very vivid imagination when it comes to my dreams so I spare him any details.
The dream started with the male lactation specialist helping me to try and breastfeed. He was inspecting my nipples and mentioned one was inverted. So he was going to try and help me get it out. Which involved him sucking on my breast and then biting out the tissue that was causing the nipple to be inverted. It was weird because I was thinking - why is he doing that and why doesn't it hurt? Then he helped me begin to use the breast pump to help me fill a bottle for the baby. I said I wanted to try and breastfeed her first within an hour of birth, he told me it wasn't possible at this time. And it was strange because I had no recollection of giving birth.
So after I pumped and filled a couple bottles, the baby was brought out to me and I tried to breastfeed her. But, I was pumped dry so I had to give her a bottle. Then while feeding her the bottle my breasts started leaking out everywhere. Milk was leaking out and dripping onto the floor. Only then did I notice that I was in a gym on the bleachers with other mothers trying to feed their new babies.
And then I woke up or woke up and had to go to the bathroom. So, it was a very odd dream and I am not going to try and interpret it too much.
The dream started with the male lactation specialist helping me to try and breastfeed. He was inspecting my nipples and mentioned one was inverted. So he was going to try and help me get it out. Which involved him sucking on my breast and then biting out the tissue that was causing the nipple to be inverted. It was weird because I was thinking - why is he doing that and why doesn't it hurt? Then he helped me begin to use the breast pump to help me fill a bottle for the baby. I said I wanted to try and breastfeed her first within an hour of birth, he told me it wasn't possible at this time. And it was strange because I had no recollection of giving birth.
So after I pumped and filled a couple bottles, the baby was brought out to me and I tried to breastfeed her. But, I was pumped dry so I had to give her a bottle. Then while feeding her the bottle my breasts started leaking out everywhere. Milk was leaking out and dripping onto the floor. Only then did I notice that I was in a gym on the bleachers with other mothers trying to feed their new babies.
And then I woke up or woke up and had to go to the bathroom. So, it was a very odd dream and I am not going to try and interpret it too much.


Comments